Monday, March 7, 2011

Aldo CYPHERT HANDBAG REVIEW

CYPHERT

Synthetic
34-04-03
A truly practical choice, this structured satchel is also a superb fashion add-on for your jeans, skirts and dresses. Short flap closure with metal hardware and tassel detail. Optional cross-body strap.

PROS
two tone
vintage look
spacious
classy
stylish
synthetic material
moderately affordable
great for spring or winter

 CONS
constantly opens up in the middle of the street due to no zipper
easily get dirty from dark colored clothing 
not built to hold lots of things
more for style than practicality
overly long strap that does not add  to the overall function or style of the bag
not durable
the handles started breaking
not meant for everyday use
nice style, but poor functionality
poorly built
no zipper
Aldo repairs bags for you if they break or tear  as long as you still have the receipt


I just recently bought this bag from Aldo and I fell in love with it because it is very classy. It is perfect for work or any other occasion. It is also a nice medium size not too big or large and bulky. What I love about it is the shape unlike many of the slouchy/boho looks that are popular at the moment this has more of a vintage feel  to it. CLASSIC VINTAGE. I bought the two - tone black and bone  colored one  but it is no longer in stores near me or on the website so  I picked the bag that looks the closest to it and show it to you here. The only difference is the flap is black instead of bone colored.  Although at first sight it looks really slim it is actually quite spacious. The bad part is that although it is spacious it is not meant to handle alot of weight therefore it is more for looks than practicality as the description states. The handles started breaking where they connect to the gold metal hooks and I had to take it back to the store for a refund. Good thing they said they would repair the damage for FREE. Therefore this is not a bag you can carry many things around town with even though it does look spacious. I don't think these bags are well made but it could have just been mine. I might have had bad luck although Aldo manager did say he would send it to be repaired. Reparation  should only take 4 days he said. Lastly the bag does not have a zipper therefore the only way to close it is to latch it onto the magnet. Which is not good if  you are carrying things that are kind of heavy because  the magnet is not very secure. The handbag comes with a strap but it is not adjustable to your body and it is super long. Definitely, not for the shorties out here. Also it looks better as a handbag then a crossbody bag due to the shape of the bag. As a crossbody bag it looks off. Also the strap is not sturdy enough. The color bone and other lighter colors get  dirty easily especially if you wear darker colors that will  rub  off on the material. Aldo sells a liquid that cleans this mishap, although it is not very good for synthetic material. It pops open if you are walking, or running down the street. I wish this  bag were made out of leather instead of synthetic material because it would not be so stiff. I'm always rushing from place to place and need a sturdy, classic, spacious, stylish, professional bag. This bag is not for practical everyday use as it claims, it makes and outfit look better and is better for style. 

Would I buy it again knowing what I know now?  Probably not, and if I did I would just keep it as a cute bag I use to hangout and look cute not something you can use everyday for work.

5 comments:

  1. thanks so much for this honest review! :) I've really been eyeing the beige one wondering if i should purchase. :( it's just sooo pretty. but i'd be using it for work during my internship. so i don't know now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea I bought it for work but it seriously sucked.Its not a practical bag, you cant carry alot of material in it. It's definitely more for looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this review! I have been eyeing this bag for a while, but we don't have an Aldo store near me, so I would have to buy online. I appreciate the honest comments to help me make my decision :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree with your review. I bought the rust and black coloured versions a few months ago, but had to return them both because the magnet closure was simply impractical. For $45 per bag and the amount of space you're given, you would expect the bag could hold basic items without opening. I'm someone who needs a bag that can hold a wallet, keys, phone, and a 500mL water bottle. Unfortunately, this bag couldn't do that. Such a shame, considering it's such a beautiful looking bag but so horribly designed in terms of functionality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to buy this bag but after reading your comment I changed my plan. I decided that I'll buy it off rather than $45 (This bag not worth this amount)

    ReplyDelete