Sunday, December 6, 2009

Career Interests and Ability to Socialize

There are many different things that I am passionate about. Therefore I can see myself going through many different careers through out my lifetime. Although I do believe that you must get a degree in one of those interests in order to be recognized by society. I do not think that because I get a degree in one subject area that that is what i will be doing for the rest of my life but I do think it will affect my future decisions. I now I want to create change maybe through policy, advocating, campaigning, teaching, informing but I have not figured out how to link all of those things into one. Or better said what my niche is in that process which suits my interests and personality. I do know that to get ahead in life you must be able to be flexible and get along well with all different types of people. The better you are at this the more successful you will be.

In a society where the majority are whites you must be able to get along well with whites too. Getting along with whites does not make you an Uncle Tom. Some people are so uneducated they think that an educated person who can mix and mingle with members of the majority have somehow lost a sense of their ethnic identity. Unless you are adopting racist views and help racists and prejudiced people perpetuate their views then you are not a sellout. Being able to present your opinions to people who are in positions higher than yourself and getting them approved does not make you more white. It makes you smart because then you can push your ideas forward and get them signed and approved. No one will sign and approve your ideas unless you have a title or highly developed skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment