Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Body Shop Brush Roll Review

Description: This pretty and practical brush roll contains five essential make-up tools, including our award-winning, cruelty-free makeup brushes that are gentle on the skin and more durable than animal hair. Brushes stand on aluminum handles.
Set includes:
  • Brow & Lash Comb
  • Smudger
  • Lip/Concealer Brush
  • Eyeshadow Brush
  • Blusher Brush
  • Pretty satin pouch


I was a bit skeptical about this brush roll at first. I wasn't sure if the brushes were going to be good but I have heard good things about The Body Shop brushes. Also, I didn't really like that the roll had colored glitter bow on it as a decorative accent piece. But I bought it on sale for 1/2 off to give it a try. It only cost me $7.50 and I loved it! It was better than I had expected. loved how soft the brushes felt against my skin. The bristles are made of synthetic materials because The Body Shop is against animal testing. I felt that the brushes did what they were supposed to do. I loved the shape, thickness, and overall look of the handles. The brushes look and feel like quality brushes. They don't look cheap. It brings a smudger which allows you to do a smoky eye or to smudge your eyeliner or anything else. I haven't seen too many makeup brush kits come with that . It is definitely a rarity. I also liked that it has two more slots so that you can add more brushes to the roll. Overall a good buy.

What I didn't like: I wish the eyeshadow brush were a bit poufier so that I can get a good amount of eye shadow on it. Also I won't be using the brow and lash comb very often it is kinds impractical for me. The synthetic bristles on it are too stiff and hard to the touch. Not the best brow and lash comb, there are way better ones out there. The blusher brush is flatter than usual it can be used as a foundation brush. I wish it were poufier.

The lip/concealer brush, eyeshadow brush, and the blusher brush are the ones I will be using the most often I will try some smoky eye looks and see how well the smudger works. Frankly it just looks like an over sized eyeshadow applicator that comes with drugstore eye shadows. For only $7.50 I got three pretty good brushes. The other two aren't that useful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment