Sunday, December 28, 2008

New York City Deparment of Parks & Recreation: A point of view, a question, an incidence.....

Do we need societal barriers, for example do we need to have to reinforce laws and rules, and regulation by the means of an established bureaucracy and systematic and methodical way of dealing with people as a whole?

Does human greed, selfishness, fear, and lack of self control really run that deep?
Why do we fear, why do we stand back and watch, why do we let things that we know are unlawful or even immoral occur?

Why does fear run that deep...

Fear it is not a catalyst, it is not innovative, it is something that restrains, negatively captivates, and holds one back from greater good, enlightenment, and success...
I saw a group of young Hispanic men today..trying to start a fight, about to jump somebody and I didn’t know who they were gonna jump or why but being that I have to secure the area where I work I had a decision to make....

There had been reports earlier in the week that after my work hours some group of kids was trying to stop stab somebody..could this have been prevented ..yes...but why wasn’t it... can we truly just stand there and wait for someone to do something, or call popo and know they wont show up until ½ hour, 45 minutes later...why do we opt for this?

As a society I mean and even individually?

So I went up to them, not having to because my shift was over, and asked who they were gonna fight and why.. I was pissed and yelling

”Atrevanse a sacar un cuchillo o una pistola!, atrevanse!, que le llamo la policia, I already saw your faces I already know who you are and I WILL identify you!!, Imma call the cops the minute I see the slightest incidence of a riot!! Atrevanse!!” :::Y despues saque mi telefono y llame la policia:::

Those were my words...
I told them why they were gonna start a fight in an area where family and children are recreating..
Its bad enough that most people these days don’t have that many urban spaces where they can chill, relax, and recreate, but the ones we do have attract negative attention...A little kids playground...WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

:::16 year-old men, (if you can even call them that) it makes me think does evil run that deep, deprivancy, is it a front they put up to society and the rest of their friends as to how hard they can be....no offense but at the age of 16 I really don’t think that any guy can actually think straight...what the fuck do they know about anything....

so why do we give these children the importance that they want, they want to be feared, seem hard, and in control, but they are not. The minute these “men” are handed the attention they want, the respect they enjoy by instilling fear in others, we as a society and as individuals fail. Yes fail, isn’t it easy to fail...like I said before fear is not a catalyst, or an innovator for good or achievement/success, only a catalyst for FAILURE..

We as members of society and individuals choose to fail every time we neglect an issue that concerns the level of integrity and dignity of mankind as a whole...We CHOOSE to fail due to our own fear........

::::::”Minding my own business”
”If it ain’t got to do with me then why get myself involved”:::::::::

I can see logical explanations for these things but as always there’s that question of could you have done something, called someone, said something if worse did come to worse....but no you just stood there...............and FAILED like the miserable fearful piece of shit that you are......
Maybe I'm IDEALISTIC but you can trust that I am not that person whose just going to stand there....not me...NEVER....

So this brings me back to my initial thought:
DO we need an established system of laws, rules, and regulations to get things running....but I guess I did answer my own question..the answer is yes..because we as humans are fearful, we are scared, without the push of a law, rule, and regulation most things would not get done because it is so easy to fall into these traps:

:::::”Minding my own business”
”If it ain’t got to do with me then why get myself involved”:::::::::

Its pretty sad......that things are this way and I know that it is more than just fear it is also selfishness and greed...its pretty disgusting actually..this underlying context of thoughts and feelings that make us form societies...I mean that’s why we first had the Articles of Confederation and later the almighty Constitution...
France was the first one to right one of those after overthrowing the King after having a revolution...

Which brings me to my greatest enlightened thought of all time::

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::REVOLUTION:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A different mindset amongst people. Maybe even a non-traditional party being elected( The Green Party). Look at Germany they have a green party and their smooth sailing. What will it take for people to start caring about their surroundings and each other ...nothing... we are programmed to survive. Survival of the fittest.

No comments:

Post a Comment