Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Something out of a Movie and a Little Positivity!!

Nov.26, 2007: Heading back to Syracuse can be such a hassle but not as much of a hassle as yesterday.

There I was 4:30pm my bus about to leave at 5pm when my dad calls he cant give me a ride I tried finding other ways of getting all the way down to Chinatown but to no avail---RUSH HOUR--- was at its best and the only means of transportation that could get me to the Chinese bus station downtown was the train..The minutes kept going by ..4:40... 4:50 ..omg im a gonner. When I get a call from Marina ...to stay positive ..hahaha yes the message of this is to stay positive ..right Maria ..haha so I get on the A train to West 4th and then the F train to East Broadway. I finally get out of the train station and run my little ass as fast as I could through all these avenues..mind you i had a load of maletas to manage..Pyke st...Madison st..Market street..finally i was there ..too late the damn bus left..but encouraged to stay positive by Marina and La Santa Maria I caught a cab and chased after the bus..I had to get to it before it entered the Holland Tunnel...

So there I am in this cab with an African Taxi driver who I could barely understand and he could barely understand..where you going? he says.. 6th ave ..no york st..lol...finally we get on 6th ave and speeding like something out of a movie lol trying to catch the Chinatown bus before it entered the Holland Tunnel... tires are screeching as he makes quick turns trying to get to the next street but no avail---RED LIGHT--- Leticia keeps feeding me the directions --york street--lol mulbberry st.... grand st....make a left no make a right..me- where are you guys fucking going ... finally i had to get out and make a run for it the traffic was way too tight haha. So there i ran down to the Holland tunnel with all my bags in hand ...EXCUSE ME !! I yelled hitting everyone with my bags phone in hand and in so much pain hahah talk about excersise ....i ran and ran as fast as my little legs could take me and ...

Finally Im at the entrance of the Tunnel in the middle of all this heavy traffic lol waiting for the chinatown bus...i see the bus approaching and catch a glimpse of Luba and Maria's big hair haha finally i made it... but the guy didnt want to stop so I told the police to :"STOP THE BUS", the bus stopped in the middle of traffic right at the entrance holding up traffic and there I was ..haha saved myself a $80 dollar greyhound ticket with a little running, $7 cab ride through Chinatown and a little POSITIVITY ..right maria?

This happened a while ago but its such a good story its worth retelling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment